Senator Caleb Rowden
Senator Caleb Rowden was elected to the Missouri Senate in 2016, representing Boone and Cooper Counties. Prior to his election to the Senate, Senator Rowden served two terms in the Missouri House of Representatives. He was first elected to the Missouri House in 2012, becoming the first Representative in the history of Missouri to beat two former State Senators in a Missouri House race. Senator Rowden served as the Senate Majority Floor Leader from 2019 to 2022. Senator Rowden was elected President Pro Tem of the Senate in 2023. After redistricting Senator Rowden will represent only Boone County in 2023.
Senator Rowden is married to Aubrey Rowden, the co-owner of Love Tree Studios, a wedding photography company based in Columbia, MO. They are proud parents to Willem Keane, Adele Lisette and Theo Xavier. In addition to his legislative duties, Senator Rowden owns Clarius Interactive, a media and marketing company also based in Columbia.
Senator Rowden has spent his life in service to others. He enjoyed a successful career in full- time ministry as a touring Christian singer/songwriter. During that time, he played in 45 states, selling thousands of records and garnering two top 20 national radio hits. He also participated in multiple mission trips, ranging from serving the homeless in Atlanta, GA to a month-long internship ministering to the people of Reynosa, Mexico.
Senator Rowden has been steadfast in his support for K-12 and Higher Education and has played a significant role in creating a positive environment for Missouri’s small businesses by championing and passing major tort and regulatory reform. Senator Rowden is committed to making Mid-Missouri and the state as a whole the best place in the country to live, work, and raise a family.
- Member – Christian Chapel – Columbia, MO
- Member – Columbia Chamber of Commerce
- Member – National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB)
- Member – National Rifle Association
- Member – Missouri Farm Bureau
- Member – Missouri Cattlemen’s Association
- 2016 Missouri Corn Growers “Friend of Corn” Award
- 2016 Missouri Chamber of Commerce “Man in the Arena” Award
- 2016 Explore St. Louis “All Star” Award
- 2015 Missouri Chamber of Commerce “Spirit of Enterprise” Award
- 2015 Missouri Community College Association “Distinguished Legislator” Award
- 2015 University of Missouri Graduate Professional Council “Legislative” Award
Past Legislative Service:
House of Representatives: 2012 - 2016
Missouri Arts Council Trust Fund Board of Trustees
Missouri Justice Reinvestment Task Force
Missouri State Capitol Commission
2021 Legislative Report
2019 Community Service Directory
2019 Hunting and Fishing Directory
2019 Legislative Report
2018 End of Session Report
Senate Committee Membership
Gubernatorial Appointments, Chair
Rules, Joint Rules, Resolutions and Ethics, Vice-Chair
StatutoryJoint Committee on Capitol Security
SelectSelect Committee on Redistricting